Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Location: Port Clarence, Middlesbrough
Salary: Dependant upon Experience & Qualification
( View All Careers )
Working under the guidance of the Quantity Surveyor, to support all forms of commercial activities and project reporting across the business. This is a development role with significant opportunities internal and sage training provided.
Hours of Work
0900-1700- Monday- Friday
- Assist the Quantity Surveyor in day-day commercial and reporting activities.
- Assist the Quantity Surveyor and Finance Team with preparation of costs reports and cost forecasting from project outset to completion.
- Preparation of Valuations/ Applications for Payment for completed works.
- Develop contractual / commercial knowledge and attend internal and external training provided.
- Review and understand the different forms contract documentation.
- Review project processes and provide inputs and potential improvement opportunities.
- Identify and communicate potential commercial issues and risks to the Quantity Surveyor or Project Manager.
- Track any changes and assist in preparation of estimates, re-measures and final account valuations and attend client negotiation / change management / final account meetings as required.
- Preparation of subcontract/ supplier documentation and negotiation with potential and nominated sub-contractors / supplier and monitoring of project costs against the project budgets.
- Experience in fabrication/heavy industry preferred (but not essential)
- Currently working towards HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Not essential to have previous commercial experience, but someone who is interested in developing/progressing in this area.
- IT literate including Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.