Location: Port Clarence, Middlesbrough
Salary: £17 dayshift basic, £18.70 backshift basic plus OT
( View All Careers )
We are looking for time served welders with experience in either ship building/oil and gas/renewables/marine sectors.
- Reading & Understanding procedures relevant to task.
- Ensuring correct set up- eg pre heat of torches, calibration and set up of set prior to commencement.
- Ensuring all welds are within limits of verified procedure.
- Cleaning weld area once complete ready for acceptance by NDT.
- Maintaining housekeeping of work area.
- Guiding overhead cranes and hoists where trained for moving and assembling plates.
- Responsible for cable management, general good housekeeping in working area.
- Working in line with strict adherence to Quality/Health & Safety Procedures.
Hours of Work
Overtime available for both shifts.
- Strong background in fabrication with good discipline understanding.
- Craft Apprenticeship.
- Applicants must complete BPSS checks prior to commencement which shall be arranged by the company.