Location: Port Clarence, Middlesbrough
Salary: Dependant Upon Experience
( View All Careers )
We are looking for an additional Construction Lead to join our expanding team at Wilton Engineering. They will be the key link between the Construction and Engineering teams, providing input into the development of the schedule and build plan, as well as assisting to drive the construction team.
- To work in accordance with WESL procedures, policies, and standard working practices
- Support the Construction Manager with a build review / philosophy
- Ensure adequate resources in terms of manning, materials and engineering deliverables
- Drive Schedule with two week planning lookahead for each project
- Build professional and productive relationships with clients, colleagues and subcontractors
- Ensure full compliance with company procedures and Statutory Regulations.
- Attend weekly meeting to review construction shortfalls.
- Identify need for temp material and highlight to the Materials Dept.
- Review and understand project drawings, 3D Models and documentation etc.
- Identify specialist tooling needs.
- Tie in with Construction team and Subcontractor regarding access (Scaffolders/MEWP’s etc).
- Consistently promote acceptable standards of conduct and work performance for all WESL and third-party personnel working on the project.
- Highlight problems, delays etc. to the Project Manager & Construction Manager at the earliest opportunity so appropriate remedial action and be identified and implemented.
- Provide concise and accurate reports as required.
- Have a strong working relationship with the Engineering and Construction Teams and guide them to project completion.
- Perform tasks as required by Construction Management.
- Promote excellent working relationships with clients, WESL colleagues and suppliers.
- Excellent working relationships are developed and maintained with clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Attention to detail
- Project execution
- Schedule compliance
- Able to read and understand fabrication drawings
- Have strong knowledge of fabrication practices and processes
- IOSH Managing Safely (training provided)
- IT literate including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD etc
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Company Sick Pay
- £40K Life Insurance
- Paycare (health cashback scheme)