Location: Port Clarence, Middlesbrough
Salary: £25.51 (PAYE) plus OT Rates
( View All Careers )
Welding Supervisor – Dayshift
We are looking for an additional person to join our dayshift supervisory team. The successful applicant will be working on long term prestigious marine projects. Full training will be provided to support the role to deliver the project to the high standard required.
- To support the Construction Management in driving project schedules to ensure delivery on time and on budget (or better) while ensuring adherence to company HSE and quality systems.
Hours of Work
- Monday- Friday
- 0700-1500 + Hand over & Overtime as required.
Rates of Pay
- £25.51 basic day shift
- £38.27 OT1
- £51.02 OT2
- 23 days holiday plus statutory (rising to 25 plus statutory with service)
- Flexibility to ‘sell back’ holidays at year end or carry over
- Life Insurance £40k
- Company Sick Pay Based On Service
- Paycare health cashback scheme
- Full understanding of build sequence and priorities of the project schedule;
- Assist and support the construction management in driving build sequence and making construction management aware of any encountered or foreseen obstacles to achieving such;
- Engage with the operations shop floor team to ensure they are aware of priorities and encourage their input into achieving the schedule or bettering it; taking on board lessons learnt and relaying to construction management;
- Efficient use of man power allocated;
- Ensure additional work scopes are correctly captured and highlighted to project team and contribute to identifying opportunities for additional work;
- Championing company HSE and quality systems and ensuring compliance;
- Preparing a forward head of work; identifying with construction management equipment needed and ensuring equipment assigned to the project (including hire equipment) is stored correctly and off hired as soon a viable (where applicable)
- Ensuring efficient use of consumables- ensuring the project is adequately resourced and identifying short falls to construction management and stores supervisor in a timely manner;
- 1st line of discipline for shop floor personnel, able to recognize where employees are falling short of expectations and address the issue (whether disciplinary in nature or corrective action to remove an obstacle);
- Carry out the basic but essential administration duties in a timely manner ie shift hand over and timesheets;
BPSS due to the nature of the work carried out this role is open to UK nationals only and must undergo BPSS prior to commencement.